Thursday

The Weepies.

I've been bad at keepin up this week.

BUT tonight I bought a CD I've been meaning to buy for months and months and when I bought it, I realized that they're music is categorized as "Folk" which I had never thought of before.

Even better, the two musicians that make up are married and they have a son named Theo (information found courtesy of Wikipedia). I think this makes their songs, already labeled as Foklore, that much more Folklorish. Their children will be able to hear the songs sung by their parents and they'll be passed down generations. Furthermore, they sing about songs concerning historical stories. I love their music, and I really do believe it's because of the folksy vibe that emanates from it. Here's a little taste of a lyric:

"I thought of you and where you've gone
As the world spins madly on
And everything that I said I'd do
That I'd make the world brand new
And take the time for you
i just got lost, and stepped right through the dark
And the world spins madly on.
I let the day go by
And I always so goodbye
And I watched the stars from my windowsill.
The whole world is moving and I'm standing still." -World Spins Madly On. 2005.

LOVE it.