Thursday

How We all Secretly Want to Be.

Folklore is about traditions.
It's about people who, across the country and no common relatives, practice the same traditions.
So what happens when someone is different?
What happens when someone else makes their traditions?
Are we, as a whole, as individuals, group members, university students, 20-somethings, Mormons, Americans... are we ready for that?

"She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a corkboard like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew." -Stargirl by Spinelli, page 15.

They try to change her, but it never really works and I love that.

Maybe this isn't exactly how Jill Rudy envisioned my Folklore Blog, but I'm okay with that. I've always cared more about learning than marks. I want to learn everything, and everything I have done for this class seems to launch into every category. I feel like anything I experience can already be considered folklore, or can be turned into it with time. At that is why it is enchanting.